Various - Acousmatrix: The History Of Electronic Music




This was a series curated by Konrad Boehmer and released on BV Haast Records. Initially, these were separate releases that came out between 1990 and 1991 before being re-released as a nine disc box set in 2005. The rest is self-explanatory ...

1: Gottfried Michael Koenig: Klangfiguren Il / Essay / Terminus I-Il / Output

2: Gottfried Michael Koenig: Funktionen

3: Luc Ferrari: Electronic Works

4: Henri Pousseur: Electronic Works

5: Konrad Boehmer: Electronic Works

6: Cologne - WDR: Early Electronic Music

7: Luciano Berio / Bruno Maderna: Electronic Works

8: Francis Dhomont: Cycle De L’Errance

9: Francis Dhomont: Les Dérives Du Signe

9 comments:

Ian 1 November 2015 at 23:14  

Ten and a half hours of uncompromising electronic sound art spanning many years. Absolutely mammoth release! I've only heard about an hour and half of it, and I'm already awed by how incredible this is! Magnificent. Thank you, most generous of badgerstumps.

Doctor Unk,  2 November 2015 at 00:26  

Much appreciated, thanks. I love this funky early electronic stuff.

Unknown 2 November 2015 at 10:10  

Thank you so very much!

Anonymous,  8 November 2015 at 18:42  

Caligari:
astonidhing

Certifiablockhead 6 February 2016 at 08:01  

Ferrari, Boehmer, Berio and Cologne so far...and it´s bliss...thank you...

Anonymous,  21 August 2016 at 10:26  

Hello, just discovered your site last night and found this Acousmatrix re-up post. I downloaded #1,2,5 + 6. Unfortunately none of them will open: they all give me an error saying 'the structure of the file is damaged'. I have tried different 'unpacking' programs and redownloaded a couple with a different browser. Nothing works. Can you suggest anything? Thanks for your help.

-Brian

badgerstump 23 August 2016 at 16:40  

Hi Brian

glad you stumbled across us ... i've downloaded these just now and they extracted using 7-zip without an issue. unfortunately, it looks like the issue is at your end.

Anonymous,  24 August 2016 at 03:11  

Thanks, badgerstump, I've got it worked out. I checked out your 7-zip extractor but as I'm on a Mac I looked around and found a Mac compatible extractor that has just done it's thing with the entire set! Still have no idea why my usual extractor worked on the other .7z I found here, but not these! Oh, well, onward and upward!

-Brian