Magmax - Magmagenome




Koji Tano is certainly best known for his work as his MSBR (Molten Salt Breeder Reactor). Probably less well known is his noise-work as Magmax. Given the Suicide-styled arcade game B-movie synth elements it won't surprise you to know that he took the name from a mid-80s Japanese side-scrolling shooter game. Remember those days when such games were the pinnacle of technology? Ah, sorry, I keep forgetting that you weren't born then. Anyway I was and I'm pretty sure that the anarcho-grindcore style vocals weren't part of the gameplay. This is an LP and 7" combo released on 220N in 1997 that still makes me smile every time I play it.

Magmagenome

3 comments:

Plague 29 March 2015 at 22:52  

some of us, alas, were born WAY before then...

Anonymous,  30 March 2015 at 18:19  

Caligari:
great!

Anonymous,  2 April 2015 at 21:06  

stunning

- otaia