Jooklo und Metabolismus - Perception Of The Illusion Of The Opposition Of Contraries




On this occasion, Jooklo are the duo of David Vanzan and Virginia Genta alongside the wonderful Metabolismus (Jeremie Sauvage, Joachim Schütz, Moritz Finkbeiner, Thilo Kuhn and Thomas Schätzl).

This is a c54 released on Troglosound in 2013 and is every bit as good as you would expect. Even if you already have no doubt...here's a wonderful live set that somebody has uploaded elsewhere:



Whilst, I'm here I have a confession to make (may Jonny Zchivago forgive me) ... I really love Crass! Stations Of The Crass, Penis Envy and Feeding Of The Five Thousand are great. I always imagined the collective rather romantically as the spearhead of the anarcho-syndicalist revolution and Dial Farm as the blueprint for modern living. However, the track "Do They Owe Us A Living?" from the 5000 EP always stuck in my throat.

The intention of the song always seemed clear and certainly it did amongst the plastic crusties and the plastic anarchos that I had the misfortune to spend a lot of time with at a thousand squat parties and demos. Do They Owe Us A Living? Put succinctly: of course they fucking don't! Nobody owes you anything at all! Do it your fucking self! People who believe in a system without government (or more correctly, a self-governing system of individuals) championing a sense of entitlement from The State? HHMMM!!!

Anyway, Metabolismus covered the song on their Mauser O.K. 7" (which I still haven't gotten around to picking up) and nail it! Again, somebody has uploaded the song just so that I can play it on rotation whenever I like ...



Perception Of The Illusion

2 comments:

Anonymous,  6 March 2015 at 01:57  

Thanks for the Jooklo. Hadn't heard of this one.

Anonymous,  7 March 2015 at 18:32  

Caligari:
good.
i espicially liked track 4